Low Cost Spay and Neuter in Virginia
What Spay/Neutering Does
- Is the only viable solution to end the suffering and death of companion animals living in shelters.
- Ends the possibility of unwanted litters.
- Significantly reduces the chance of developing breast cancer, uterine infections and prostate cancer.
- Allows your companion animal to 'relax'. By not having to deal with the powerful urge to procreate, your pet becomes more affectionate and a true member of the family.
- Reduces the urge to roam thereby reducing the chance of accident or intentional harm from others.
- Spay/neutering your companion animal means a chance for a new life to an animal awaiting adoption in a shelter.
Spay/Neutering Does NOT Do
- Spay/neutering does not make an animal fat. Lack of exercise and improper diet are the cause of obesity.
- Spay/neutering does not alter your animal's sexual identity because he/she has none to begin with. Humans project feminine or masculine characteristics onto animals. How you perceive your own animal is how he/she will perceive himself.
- Spay/neutering does not alter your companion animal's personality. It may or may not reduce aggressiveness or sexually dominant behaviors. Proper training and socialization are the best way to ensure your companion animal practices good etiquette.
Virginia Kincheloe Spay/Neuter Clinic
452 TV Drive
Fredericksburg, VA 22408
By appointment only
Angels of Assisi
Traveling clinic for low cost spay and neuter for pets of people with financial need and also for folks who rescue strays and folks who are feral cat caretakers. The service travels within about an hour radius of Roanoke.
Holly Help Memorial Spay Fund
Everyone is eligible for low cost spay neuter assistance, which is funded by the public through recycled aluminum cans.
Animal Defense League
TOLL FREE 1-877-301-2290
People United for Animals
PO Box 1082
Bristol TN 37621
Virginia Partnership for Animal Welfare and Support
Low cost spay and neuter once a week in Christiansburg in conjunction with the mobile clinic provided by Angels of Assisi.
King George Animal Rescue League
PO Box 1143
King George VA 22485
Call them for information about spay and neuter at very good prices.
Stuarts Draft VA
For pets of people with low income.
Spay and Neuter All Pets
PO Box 1277
Louisa, VA 23093
Prevent A Litter Coalition
PO Box 1442
Centreville, VA 20122
Low cost spay and neuter for pets of people with low income.
Alexandria Animal Shelter
Offers discounts on spay/neuter at many veterinary clinics in the area. No restrictions on income.
Animal Welfare League of Arlington
PO Box 3240
Arlington, VA 22203
Help for residents of Maryland, DC, and Virginia.
Virginia Beach SPCA
Virginia Beach VA
Tidewater area VA
Partners Among Cats and Canines
Norfolk SPCA (Tidewater region)
For the Love of Animals in Goochland
PO Box 115
Manakin-Sabot, VA 23103
PO Box 7047
Charlottesville, VA 22906
804-973-5959 Discounts according to income of pet owner.
Planned Pethood Clinic
Franklin County Humane Society, Inc.
41 Boon Street
Boones Mill, Virginia
The clinic will not turn away anyone (even if you are not a Franklin County Resident), however, it is hoped that the use be by low income pet owners and organizations who rescue strays. Low prices are subsidized by donations. Prices: Male Cat $15. Female Cat $25. Male Dog $20. Female Dog $30-$40
Petersburg / Colonial Heights SPCA
Provides low cost spay and neuter.
Prevent A Litter Veterinary Hospital
3421 W. Cary Street
Richmond, VA 23221
Neuter- $25, Spay - $35
Under 40 lbs. Neuter -$35, Spay - $45
Over 40 lbs. Neuter - $50, Spay - $60
Capital Animal Care
PO Box 41112
Arlington, VA 22204
Capital Area Mobile Spay Neuter Clinic. The mobile clinic provides no cost and low cost spay-neuter surgeries, vaccinations, and health screenings to medically under-served pets in the District of Columbia and Northern Virginia. Local humane societies and animal control organizations assist Capital Animal Care in identifying target areas with high incidences of stray and unwanted pets. To qualify for these services, pet owners must be on a state qualified public assistance program. Additionally, the mobile clinic provides spay-neuter before adoption services to area animal shelters and rescue groups.
SPCA of Winchester, Clarke & Frederick Counties
115 Featherbed Lane
Winchester, Virginia 22601
firstname.lastname@example.org To qualify for the FREE spay and neuter program, the pet owners' yearly income (and you must have proof) must be below the following levels: Single - $14,720;Family of 2 - $19,680; Family of 3 - $22,500; Family of 4 - $25,500
916 Ballentine Boulevard
Norfolk, Virginia 23504
Offers low-cost spay and neuter. Call for income levels.
Mobile Spay Neuter clinic
Phone: Marta (757) 622-7382 ext. 1488
They do both dogs and cats as young as 10 weeks old. Their only requirement is that the animal be current on rabies. They do approx 20 surgeries each day the clinic is in operation and generally do them by reservation at the number above.